Navi Mumbai (NMMC) Wastewater treatment plantview Blue Foot Membranes
IPC®25 Double Deck Module
About Navi Mumbai (NMMC) Wastewater treatment plant
- Case study IPC® Bioreactor – NMMC
- 2 bar Back Pulsable Flat sheet
- Start up: November 2016
- Number of IPC® membrane modules: 1 IPC®25 Double Deck Module
Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation (NMMC) has six operational sewage treatment plants of different capacities. These plants treat the domestic sewage generated within the city using SBR process. The objective was to upgrade the existing level of treatment. This by using the tertiary treated sewage with ultrafiltration to improve the water quality as per the latest CPCB norms.
To achieve this objective a full-fledged, completely automated 100 KLD Indion MBR system was installed with IPC® membrane modules for testing. The operational net flux is between 36 and 42 LMH and this is created with a very low aeration volume compared to other competitive products.
Other advantages that are recorded:
- High capacity footprint = 11 m3/h.m2
- Very low Specific Aeration Demand per hour = 8 Nm3 air/m3 permeate
- Lowest cost per unit treated water (less than €0,012/m3) for raw sewage
- Decreased cleaning frequency caused by effective backwash.
About this page
This page was last updated on 31 May 2021
Information on this page may have been supplied by third parties. You are reminded to contact any third parties to confirm information is accurate, up to date and complete before acting upon it. TheMBRSite.com accepts no liability for information provided by third parties, actions taken on the basis of this information or information held on third-party websites.