Watermaths, third edition
Author: Simon Judd
Watermaths presents the mathematics underpinning the design and operation of the individual unit process technologies used for purifying water and wastewater. The book aims to provide the reader with sufficient information to enable them to tackle the most important calculations in this area, without requiring any prior knowledge of the subject and assuming only a very basic grounding in science or engineering.
It focuses on the most essential areas of knowledge required, containing tuition in basic numeracy, chemistry, process engineering and fluid physics, as well as cost analysis. The simple and succinct delivery is designed to get the reader up to speed as rapidly as possible: sufficient background information is provided to explain the purpose of the calculations, and ultimately tackle the complete wastewater reclamation plant design problem included in the book.
Example calculations are provided within each chapter, each followed by exercises intended to reinforce the learning (and for which solutions are appended). Exercises range in difficulty from simple single calculational-step problems to more complex ones, and the over-arching design problem provides some context to the mathematics.
The book can be understood by those relatively new to the water sector, and is intended as a primer rather than a comprehensive handbook. It is nonetheless sufficiently comprehensive to permit design calculations for most water and wastewater treatment unit processes.
|Published by||IWA Publishing / Judd & Judd Ltd|
|Available as||Soft cover | eBook|
|ISBN - soft cover||9781789060386|
|ISBN - eBook||9781789060393|
Available at a 20% discount off the standard price (print format only, not ebook) when purchased via IWA Publishing using discount code MBRIWAP20. Valid until 31 January 2021.
- The IWA discount code 'MBRIWAP20' gives our web visitors a 20% discount off the price of a range of MBR publications from IWA Publishing (print formats only, not ebooks), including pre-orders of selected forthcoming titles.
- The list of titles to which this discount may be applied is given above on this page. The discount applies to the standard price only and applies to print formats only, not ebooks. The discount code is valid until 31 January 2021.
- To use the code, follow the relevant link to the IWA Publishing website and insert the code in the 'discount code' box during checkout.
- All queries, returns, refunds and disputes regarding book orders are managed by Turpin Distribution Services Ltd. You can contact Turpin Distribution Services Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org. The MBR Site will not become involved in queries, refunds and disputes in this regard.
- You hereby release The MBR Site from any and all claims or liability related to any book order product or service, any action or inaction by the merchant, including the merchant's failure to comply with applicable law.
- You are strongly advised to check that your discount has been applied before committing to your purchase.
- The MBR Site earns a small commission from IWA Publishing each time you use the discount code.
- The MBR Site reserves the right to withdraw this discount code at any time.
Share this page
Information on this page has been supplied by third parties. You are reminded to contact the third party concerned to confirm information is accurate, up to date and complete before acting upon it.