MBR consultancy and advice
In general, there are two types of MBR consultant:
- the large multinational consultancies that are taken on for large, multi-faceted projects, and
- smaller consultants – often one-person companies who generally specialise in a particular expert area.
The large multinationals may employ the specialist consultants on an ad hoc basis for advising on specific aspects of a project.
The implementation/installation of an MBR involves a number of different aspects:
- civil engineering (‘civils’)
- mechanical and electrical aspects (‘M&E’)
- project planning and legal
- the membrane technology.
For large projects, these aspects are often sub-contracted to specialist companies, normally ones with experience of implementation in the relevant geographical region. For smaller projects, the bulk of the work may be undertaken by a single company, and often by the technology supplier if the complete system is being delivered.